Apply Using the DS-160
1. Complete the DS-160 nonimmigrant visa application. All nonimmigrant visa (NIV) applicants must use the DS-160 web-based application form. This applies to all applicants in Karachi and Islamabad. The DS-160 replaces the DS-156, DS-157, DS-158 and Parental Information form. Click here for the DS-160.
Click here for important information on the DS-160.
2. Go to an American Express Bank Ltd Travel Related Services office, a participating branch of American Express, or Speedex in Pakistan (see a list of all the offices). Pay the application fee based on visa category in U.S. dollars or Pakistani rupees ($1 = Rs.100 effective February 19, 2013). Fees for nonimmigrant visa services are:
|Nonimmigrant Visa Services||Fee US$|
|Tourist (B-1/B-2), Student (F and M), Exchange Program (J), Crew Member (C1/D), Journalist (I)||$160|
|Petition-Based Employment Visas (H, L, O, P, Q and R)||$190|
|Treaty Trader and Investor (E)||$270|
Please note that American Express may charge an extra fee for their services.
Submit the following:
- The one-page confirmation form (with legible barcode) from the DS-160;
- A current photo (within the last 6 months) measuring 2" x 2" with white background. The photo must not be retouched or altered. The skin complexion must be natural. The photo must accurately resemble the applicant. To better serve you, we recommend that the ears be visible. Click here for complete photo information;
- A photocopy of the applicant's passport valid for at least the length of the planned trip to the United States;
- Photocopies of the bio-pages of all previous passports held during the last 15 years;
- A complete travel history for the past 10 years;
- A list of the full names of all siblings or children of the applicant;
- Other documents required for the applicant's specific visa category (click here for details);
- For all applicants under the age of 18, permission of both parents is required for the issuance of a visa. Both parents should appear at the time of the child’s interview or, if one parent is not available, a notarized letter of permission from the absent parent should be submitted.
American Express will schedule an interview date and time. All applicants must appear in person for the interview. There will be no exceptions to this requirement.